Zack started Mother's Day Out Tuesday. I was worried that the time away during the summer would be too much. I was so afraid driving down the road that any moment he would realize what was going on and start screaming. I had been preparing him for over a week. Telling him, wow school starts soon. Big boys get to go to school. Only good kids get to go have fun at school. So he sees it as a privilege and not a right.
Well we pull up to the turn, make the left into the parking lot. I am holding my breath.....Okay nothing. No crying and no comments. I am not thinking okay lets park and wait for the screaming to start... NOTHING. I thought, well for sure when I get him out of the car and he has to walk in it's going to be a tear factory followed by "HOLD ME MOMMY". So I get Shelby into the stroller then walk around and let him out. He said "MOMMY MOMMY hurry cars hurry." He gets into the stroller and I can't believe it. No reaction to being at school.
I walk to his class. Passing at least a dozen or so mothers (and fathers) crying as they walk away from their kids class. Zack just looks around at the new colors on the wall. I get to his class and the door is still closed. SO we have to wait till the teachers open the top half to say they are ready. Zack is telling me, come on mommy... Open the door... I go to school... I go see teachers...they have cookies! He was actually excited and impatient to start.
They opened the door and he ran in. He saw the cars on the ground and said "Mommy come play cars." I said "I can't baby, I have to go remember school is for you. Come give me a kiss". He just turned and ran towards the cars. No kiss... no bye... no tears!
WHAT THE H#LL. So I guess my baby is officially a big boy now. I think my heart is a little broken.
I picked him up, and just like last year he talked the whole way home! It's a 10 min ride! I asked him if there were any kids crying in his class and if he was nice to them. He said"mommy, they cried, and woke Zack up."
I about died laughing. He was upset because he was being woken up by crying kids...Now is this my child or what!
Wrapping up 2011
14 years ago



1 comment:
Kate loves school. The first 2 weeks she was excited every morning and wanted to leave earlier than we were ready to take her. Just this week, she has been crying when we drop her off. Her teachers say as soon as we leave the crying stops and she is fine. I think she is testing us - to see if we will change our minds. Is Zach going only one day a week?
Post a Comment