Every day seems to be a challenge to just talk to him. Either one kid is screaming and crying, or the other one wants special time with one of us. Then at night we are both so tired and worn out from our days we basically kiss and say good night. It's depressing. Even if we had a "date night" the only thing we would do is sleep. We are so tied and worn out.
Rick is working so hard right now at Goodman. He is very committed to their team looking good so he usual is there late or takes on extra work. Plus they are a man down, so it's a little rough. The other thing is, I miss him being that young 21 year old guy that would do anything to make me laugh. I mean anything. Now we are "grown ups" and the only sign of the old us is when we smack each other butts. I love that we had the kids, but I think we really gave up a huge piece of our selves to do so. Granted we got something wonderful in return, but you can't help but miss things some times. It's like donating your favorite outfit that you don't fit into anymore. Granted, you got thinner...but it was so cute!
I know Rick will never read this because, well the man never reads anything. So I can say a few things. I am glad that I married such a big hearted man. He does things for people that they may never know about. He gives a lot of himself... but he really has no idea what to do when he gets to this house. I don't think he has figured out his role yet. Plus I am such a control freak that he is afraid to do anything. One reason is because in the past I have asked him to do things and he will either partially do it, or do it completely wrong so that I don't ask him again. DARN MEN! Anyway, I try to dust off the good things and look at those as often as possible... so I don't whack him over the head with my shoe!
Wrapping up 2011
14 years ago



1 comment:
This sounds to me to be post-partum blues. Hang in there girl. It´ll get better soon. It´s good you miss Ricardo, but it could be worse. Alfredo was in Viet Nam when I was pregnant with Carlos. Came back when Carlos was 9 months old. He left for Korea when Ivan was 1 and Carlos 4. I survived and learned a lot from it, though have to admit it wasn´t easy.
It´s good you have this tool to let things out, but to live life better, look at the light side and count your blessings.
Love.
Post a Comment