HOWDY!

Welcome to my family website!
What you read here is real life.
Sometimes it's not pretty but I will try to make it entertaining.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Pimp Ride

Well, the inevitable has finally happened. We made it almost 6 months with a new car and no accidents, until Saturday. Ricardo was trying to get around someone who stopped fast and when he changed lanes he side swiped someone in the other lane. The damage to my car is only cosmetic and is not getting fixed, per Ricardo. However, Rick said the other guys car had a LOT of damage. OOOPPPSSS.... Now, this did cause a pretty good fight Saturday night. Not because of the car accident but the incidences and issues we had leading up to the accident. I know, don't sweat the small stuff...but we build a house brick by brick. No marriage ever crumbled in a day. Things may look small but when you step back and see the wall weathering away, you understand the issue.
I know being bipolar is not an excuse but I ended up really laying into Rick when we got home. I mean it was really really not pretty. We used to have a rule... that was NO causing a scene when we can be seen, wait till we get home. However after being publicly embarrassed on a number of occasions, I have given in and fought fire with fire. I know... I know.. I know, petty petty Becky! Ricardo called me out on that one... and that is something we have under construction, but like Interstate 10, it may take a while to complete, it may never really be done, and lanes will be closed at random times and days.
See that is what is amazing about our marriage. Rick and I are VERY much alike in a lot of ways. However, there are some big things that we are different on. He shuts down and goes into his "cave"... like a normal man...and doesn't say anything. I am screaming at him to get out of the cave and come fix things. Last night I pretty much walked into his cave and dragged him...club in hand.

I am not telling this personal information for anything other then understanding that marriage is not easy. It takes some giving, taking and a lot of passionate fights.
I think if we didn't argue, it would be sad. The bickering needs to stop...but the actual arguments are great!
After a few hours, and a long long night.... he finally broke down and let me have it. I was grilled over the coals for a good hour. Was he wrong, no not really. Was he a little harsh, no not really. The fact he finally found the words to just come out and tell me what has been bothering him was the most amazing thing ever. I think I was so happy he was venting that I really didn't notice he was chewing me out.
For years he criticize someone he loves dearly because they are emotionally shut down. They show "no sign of life". Well, over the years he has gotten more and more like that person. I was getting scared. SOOOOO I have been pushing every button I could push to get that robot going...and boy did I.... ooopppss. Never poke a pit bull with a stick... or at least make sure the stick is long enough to run away and not get snapped at!
I am so glad for that car accident. Yeah it sucks... yeah it's ugly... yeah our insurance will go up...but out of that one yucky situation, we opened up real dialogue. I finally found out what was REALLY bothering the man that had gone from Tigger to Eeyore in just 3 short years. The best thing is, it's fixable. He is still the love of my life, and I am his. We are like fire and oil, but we make the BEST fire you will ever see. hehehehe, I am a little bias, huh.
So thank you Mr. HHR for being in Ricardo's blind spot.
Big hugs and kisses to you!
ps... don't even think about trying to sue, we know a good lawyer...and we share the same last name!
Hope we don't run into you again....literally!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Loved your comment about I-10 - funny stuff! And, yes, marriage takes work but Todd and I tried very hard to not yell at each other. It never works. As soon as the tone goes up, we stop listening.