HOWDY!

Welcome to my family website!
What you read here is real life.
Sometimes it's not pretty but I will try to make it entertaining.

Friday, January 23, 2009

I PROMISE I have tried I really have

One I have tried to stay on my diet, but that did not work today... I had to eat pizza and a peanut butter sandwich... Oh well, now able to fit into pre-shelby clothing. A few more weeks/months and I will be in pre-zack clothing...fingers crossed.


DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE MOOD FOR ONE OF MY EXTREAMLY PISSED OFF RANTS...

Okay now on to a grim note. I promise I have tried to remain neutral... My own little Switzerland of politics here. I have very passionate friends that are blue...and red. I am typically in the middle. However, I have to say this. If you keep an open mind...all I am asking for is an open mind.
Isn't Obama doing the same thing Bush did??? The same thing everyone accused Bush of doing, is now being done in reverse. The same extreamist type methods of power, change and conviction. Granted, they are opposite but are they both not doing the same thing. Despite popularity or even gathering intell properly, they have just made a decision...come hell or high water!

Abortion ban funding was lifted.... so now tax dollars will go to help international agencies with abortions in 3rd world countries. To women who have no access to birth control... I guess this is their form of birth control. What happens when the women does try to have a family and due to scare tissue from abortions...she is stuck. Oh am I making that one up... You think so. Call me, I will give you the name of the poor girl that this happened to. Her story is sad and ONE of her abortions was...in a way... understandable. The others, well, I guess that was her choice. No one told her that this could be a side effect.

Okay my other point. He wants to just "SHOCK AND AWE" the public by shutting the doors on Gut bay... Um... Hello... let's let the doors of a prison open and not keep track of the offenders... OH WAIT we did that already with Hurricane Katrina. All those criminals ended up riding the free ticket here in Houston. Our crime rate went up 333%... yet again don't believe me, guess what those are hard core numbers by HPD and by the Texas Rangers... 2 sources... totally separate.

Listening to his speech did move me to tears in parts...because our country is hurting so much. We are looking to the light... hoping for a "change" praying for a saving hand. I felt hope and change, and change for hope... all that he promised I would feel.
However, was this the world our forefathers fought for? A bunch of Pussy foot whiny babies having to give up the BMW and settle for the Honda...or worse, the ford??? NO, these men made bullets in the fields while in the middle of battles just to save this country for us. NOW we want ONE person to fix everything for us... because we have become to attached to our Playstations we can't get up off our asses and make a change for ourselves. Yes Obama has inspired me... I can say that much. However so does Billy Blanks, but you don't see me voting for him to run the country. My great-grandparents and aunts served and ate food from the soup line. My greatgrandfather took a job laying bricks in a road just for some money. He did what he needed to do to get this country back again. Not by some huge tax payer grant to greedy compaines that are still calling me to collect money. Uh hello, didn't your ass get a bail out, where's mine. My monthly payment was rolled up in that 110 million dollar deal you got. So I think we can say my account ballance is a negitive 7000K
Trust me, I am writing this fully medicated so you could just image how pissed off I really would be other wise.
I don't care who or why you voted...The fact you got there to vote makes me proud. Let me ask you this... who is your state rep??? Who is your congressman??? We are so worried about the President, but it's the House that really runs the ship...they are like the sails. The President is that naked lady hanging out on the front of the boat!!!! Nice visual huh
I am not going to say who I voted for... it's no bodies business. It could have been Obama. I could have been so inspired by his speeches and promises. A man with little to no real experience, that I clicked his ticket... or maybe I went for the good ol' elephant, a war hero with a tainted past of corruption (do your homework) who wouldn't have change anything at all.
Doesn't matter..does it. What is done is done.
I am asking the reader to keep a VERY open mind. To not just get sucked up into the air like a kite by the "winds of change".

One side note, I was VERY disappointed by a comment during Obama's inauguration. It was by Rev. Joseph Lowery , Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but was this a racist comment...Oh I'm sorry that just couldn't be possible now could it:
“We ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around, when yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right,”

Was he just trying to rhyme???

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Please read this short press release about the Global Gag Rule. You are slightly off the mark about what it really means.
http://www.now.org/press/01-09/01-23-b.html

It simply allows NGOs to receive US funds for family planning clinics which offer COMPREHENSIVE family planning and GYN services to women who can't afford it otherwise.

I am not saying abortion is a good thing but it is not my decision. Who am I to tell another woman what she can do to HER body?

Beccaboo and family too said...

We will have to agree to disagree on this on. =-)

I am aware of the policy of the NGO but I am also aware of the behind the scene operations...trust me on this one. It's far cheaper for the NGO to push abortion as an option then to support the cost of BC for each women.
Now I do believe a women has a right to make her choice...but I want that women to be well informed either way.