All I can say is... YEAHHHHHHYYEEEAAAHHHH! God is GOOD! Not only did I get a part-time job, but it was on Tuesday's and Thursday's, right next to Awilda's House (Rick's mom), oh AND it pays pretty good! Well, considering it's been a while since I had an "office" job.
My first day was Tuesday. It was almost complete craziness! Phone's ringing, people in and out with things for us, mail to drop off, mail to pick up, payroll to complete, invoices to be sent...OH and pissing off one of the owners!!!!!
You know me, always have to do something that gets me on the radar! I was answering calls and didn't know the system yet. Well, one of the owners called in to talk to someone and I asked for their last name (LIKE WE ARE SUPPOSED TO DO)... well she gave it and followed with a rather upset sounding tone "I AM THE OWNER... LOOK I will be there in a few min, and I want you taken around so you know who is who".
I really didn't think that much of it. I figured when she got in she would be to busy to remember... NO, she made the poor girl training me take me around to EVERYONE AGAIN to "know who is who". Okay, in all fairness to the owner, she was not there either day I was and so I never met her. Actually I didn't even know she existed.
She is a very put together women. FANCY FANCY... and did I say FANCY dresser? Wow! She was wearing a FULL length mink coat, darling! She had on sunglasses that cost more then I make in a month... shoes that cost more then I make in 6 months and a purse that cost more then I make in 2 years... SO, If I had seen her in person I probably would have said, "OH THIS must be the other owner!".
Plus, in all fairness to her, she has NO idea what my history is. The other owner and my manager hired me. Therefore, she probably saw me for what I was... the "front desk girl". That is the title on my e-mail. Actually I don't have personal e-mail, just company e-mail and the name it says it's from is "Front Desk". That is it. I don't think anyone has been there full time in a long time so they just don't bother to worry about it.
Training went well.... I could follow pretty good but got very very confused on a few parts because my trainer was so nervous. Poor thing is only 18, going back to college in a few days and just trying to tread water. She has amazing notes... so I took a few just to make sure I focus on things. I did however notice that I am the FATTEST person there! Not by a whole lot, but dang it, where are my big girls at???? I need ya'll! I walked into the kitchen at lunch time and several of them were comparing work out routines, offering passes to different gyms and talking about food. I felt even MORE fat! Now this is NOTHING they are doing, they are just being them and they are NOT saying anything about me... I hope. I am just sensitive about all the weight I put on while pregnant.
Okay DAY 2:
Day 2 went a lot smoother. I was in the kitchen when the Diana walked in. She is the lady who hired me (God BLESS HER) and is the other owner. She looks like she was an ex-model. Her body is perfectly tight, skin is beautiful and her posture is perfect. She has chestnut color hair with highlights, very professionally done... not like my do at home in a box look. She set up her "breakfast bar". Evidently, she brings in breakfast every morning. Today it was: Lowfat organic plain yogurt, real granola, fresh blueberries and strawberries. OMG! I really think this will be a great influence on me. I have been trying so many things to loose weight and NOTHING is working. I work out, I do cardio... I just don't know what I am doing wrong. It worked when I had Zack. Well, I think by watching them I am going to learn a lot. I hope.
Back to work. I asked my manager how I was doing so far, and she said her only concern was my lack of note taking. Maybe I am wrong... I could totally be, but from what I saw it wasn't to over the top complicated. I am used to processing LIVE trades for thousands and sometimes millions of dollars. So really, processing a payroll CHECK doesn't scare me. Plus, she is right there if I doubt the notes that already exist. Again, you could read next week that I am fired for screwing it all up, BUT for now I am thinking I will be okay.
Okay one funny note. The other owner... I will call her "Cindy". Cindy was so sweet when she saw me eating lunch in the kitchen. We were by ourselves and she was making small talk. So the topic came up about "what I used to do before staying home". Well I told her I was a Compliance Office for _____ Investments. She didn't have to say a word. I could see the look of SHOCK on her face. I don't know what she thought of me, but I guess it changed for the better. She asked me a few questions about the job and the company, and I answered as best and as general as I could. I don't like talking about my old company.
I can say this, I have more dignity and more integrity then I have ever had at any job. I am the real me in this job. I don't feel like I am selling my soul and finding little grey areas to keep thing safe and hidden. I feel proud of what I am doing. Not, fighting like cats for the biggest % of the bonus pot by backstabbing co-workers. In my old job you had to be the "star" to get anything. That brought out the claws and ugliness from everyone.
For the first time in my life I can say I am PROUD of myself. I am living my dream. I stay home with the kids 5 days a week, and work 2. Now things could change as the job goes on... we shall see...but I rather clean a toilet then go back to my old career any day!
Wrapping up 2011
14 years ago



1 comment:
Congrats on the new job! Yes, I think it's a great deal. If I have kids one day I hope to do the part time thing. I just love being around people too much, but you already know that :-)
Post a Comment