When you read all the fancy parenting books and articles... they all say one thing. To keep control over your Toddler, give them choices. I find that kind of funny because you are making them chose when really the choice was already made. Like, do you want a banana or an apple for your snack. See, they think they have a choice when really you narrowed down every possible fruit into 2 choices.
This even works on Adults. When I worked at AIM we would have pissed off broker's all the time. They would want the moon. So to make them feel like they had a choice.... I would say well, would you like me to fax you the form or mail it to you? Either way they had to fill out the form.
So today Zack turned it around. Mommy, do you want to watch the "Red Movie" (The Incredibles) or do you want to watch the "Hippo" movie (Madagascar). I had to laugh! My child is now trying to control me... I didn't think that happened for at least another 25-30 years!
Okay kid...I chose the Hippo movie because I am tired of the red movie... he said, hhhhuuuuhhhhh okay Hippo movie. Like I was supposed to say the Red movie... Well sorry by giving me a choice, but not REALLY giving me a choice, you ended up not getting what you really wanted! SO THERE, MOMMY WINS!!!!!
Wrapping up 2011
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment