Well today I had a GREAT day. I dropped off one of my wraps to a women I adore named Hillary. She liked it and that had me on cloud nine. I went to a few floors and visited for a short time with a lot of different people. I actually started to miss being there. I missed the girls, and the work, and (can't believe I am saying this) the strict schedule they are on... OH and free sodas!
WELL, I was down in client services visiting for about 3-5min with a few friends. GRANTED it is a call center but no one in the area was even taking calls. So we chatted for a while. Funny thing was, 2 of them are about to POP any day now. They asked me about the wrap and I took Shelby out to show them how easy it is to use.
Shelby was FINE for a while... then as usual started to cry. NOW anyone who knows Shelby can tell you that it takes me about 10 seconds to get her in the wrap and she is almost immediately silent. I hurried up, put her in and she was quiet.
Well, one of the managers, Dean ( I believe that is his name) I always had issues with came stomping down the isle. He yelled, "YOU NEED TO GET HER OFF OF THIS FLOOR RIGHT NOW.... WE CAN HEAR HER ALL THE WAY DOWN IN BILL'S OFFICE". I said "okay, no problem, I am sorry." He responded, "GET HER OFF right NOW"
First of all... I know Bill and he is not a hot head. I am sure he heard her and may have said, I hear a baby, but he is not they kind of guy who would be pissed about it. So this guy took it upon himself to come and yell at me.
Now mind you, most of these girls I have known for 8+ years.
They were all shocked I didn't haul off and punch him.... YEAH MEDICATION!!!
Anyway... you should have seen the look of shock on everyone's face. Hell my face alone! I felt like a deer in headlights!
So I quickly left with my tail between my legs. As I was leaving one of his direct reports said, " I am so sorry Rebecca. He is just like that". Now that right there was what reminded me WHY I LEFT! People there are forced to work with not just A$$ holes...but whole A$$e$. Upper management knows (because I used to be in those meetings) that they have moral problems with the people under these awful managers and supervisors. However, because the "numbers" on those teams are high...they do nothing. NOTHING!!! Not even a little talk about calming down. See this only feeds the narcissistic personality that brews in these managers and supervisors. They slowly see that by cracking a whip, pushing and scaring their subordinates, that they get rewarded with higher bonuses. So what do they do???? That's right boys and girls... the get worse. Now this Napoleon was bad when I was there, but never would he have been brave enough to yell at a women and a baby.
I was told in my old job that there were so many Supervisors and Managers that were horrible and they had so many complaints about... but they couldn't let them go. I was told it would cost them more to fire them or lay them off then it is for an associate to leave. Jeppers... I wonder why turn over is so freaking bad there (at least it was a major issue when I left in May 2007). Then again since they have a high turn over rate, it keeps the numbers down when they do a layoff... ummmm, wonder if that is also the point of keeping these people.
Okay lets do the math. New hires spend 6 weeks in training. Then they take their series 6, costing the company money for books, training and the test alone. It then takes almost 18 months for them to be up and running on their own. Now, when the life span of an average associate is only 3 years max... what benefit is the company getting. It's costing them more in the long run.
All I can say is, Dude... Karma is going to BITE you in the A$$. I hope one day, when AIM finally cuts him, that he is looking for a job and runs into one of his old people... and they are the BOSS!
I hope he soils himself because now he is the victim of his own creation! Wow, that was really mean of me huh... can you tell I am still upset.
OH and I called Ricardo to vent. ALL he said was, "I don't know why you wanted to talk to anyone there anyways... they haven't tried to talk to you since you left"... Now is that not a typical male or WHAT?
Wrapping up 2011
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment