Have you ever seen something written and wonder... was this written about me? Did you ever walk up on a conversation, hearing only part of it, and wondering... Was that about me??? Maybe it's vanity or someone's own insecurities but this happend to me today. I stumbled upon something and it took me a few seconds to notice that it was something written about me. Right there... for anyone to see. I took a deep breath and reviewed the information again just to see if maybe I was reading into it... Now I have reviewed this about 15 times. I don't think it's my vanity or insecurity but someone being plain old nasty!
I was shocked and still very upset. The best part was that the person who wrote it then turned around and started acting nice and sweet to me.... And I AM THE ONE that is bipolar!
This brings me to my soap box. Stop reading now if you don't want the dish.
I am so disgusted by at the fact that so many women can be so nasty to each other. We say that she is trying to be super mom or a Stepford mom, but did you ever stop to think that maybe she just has more natural talent then you. How about the mom in the sweats and slippers at the store. We look at her and think, GGGEESSS lady couldn't you put some pants on and at least brushed your teeth? Did anyone ever stop to think that maybe she was up till 4 am with a sick baby and is now sick herself... however, being MOM she has to care for everyone first?
What about the mom that looks perfect with her beautiful makeup and nice clothing. Did you ever stop to think that her closet may be full but her house is empty? Maybe her husband is so busy earning the bacon he forgot the best part of his life is waiting for just ONE moment with him.
How about the mom that decided not to breastfeed because she just didn't feel right doing it. She is told by near every single women she talks to "well breast is best". Like she doesn't know that already! Do people think that some how the 1800 different ads and articles about Breastfeeding escaped her attention?. How about the fact that some mom's believe in babywearing... and some don't. Does that mean the mom that doesn't want a baby attached to her all the time is horrible? Does one honestly believe that she is abandoning her child? What about the women that decided NOT to have kids... are you in her heart? Do you know for a fact that she is REALLY missing something. I am sorry but the trip that lady took to Rome is looking nice to the mother of 5 that hasn't had a new bra in 8 years because her kids need clothing.
We are either too perfect, too lazy, too fat, too thin, too talented, too blessed, too happy, too sad too friendly, too bitchy, too noisy, too lucky, too pretty, too ugly... the list goes on
STOP IT!!! STOP IT!!! We are acting like the MOMMY GESTAPO! Should each women be assigned at different letter so we can pick each others flaws out quicker???
I am in NO way innocent of these previous charges. I am just asking for some help. If you see me doing it... raise the red flag. If you notice you are doing it... take a step back.
We are not competing against each other. When we die, the good Lord Jesus will not have a excel file to compare you against anyone but yourself. How did you overcome the rocks in the road. Did you help someone that needed it?? Not someone that you like, but actually helping someone you don't. Did you love with out limit? Did you hug someone that you didn't know because they just looked broke and in need of a love loan??? Did you poke fun at someone's imperfections just for a laugh, but secretly were trying to hurt them? How about letting someone have some slack even when you are short on time and patience? At the store, let that women with one can of formula and a gallon of milk go in front of you when you have 10 items! (it's the 11th commandment)
When everything in your head said turn your back, did you keep you heart facing out so that people can see what living like Christ (or whom every you worship) really means???
Now granted there are those people out there are going to make huge mistakes. Don't be the one fighting in line to throw the first stone! I know with all my mistakes I would be black and blue 24/7. You know what, I am okay with that. I have the love of my family, my lord, my lover and my best friend... what else do I need???? They know that I am perfectly imperfect... and that is perfect for them.
Okay so the end of my soap box:
We are not competing...there is no gold star chart in heaven... Stop taking life so seriously, you will not get out alive!
Wrapping up 2011
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment