HOWDY!

Welcome to my family website!
What you read here is real life.
Sometimes it's not pretty but I will try to make it entertaining.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Candle House Job

So today was my first day working P/T at the Candle House... it was awesome! I forgot how nice it was to actually be some where and earn a paycheck. I got to eat my food when it was still warm...I got to eat my own food, not the left overs that Zack didn't want. I got to go to the bathroom by MYSELF, and I didn't have one screaming child. I talked to other adults... I got paid for keeping things tidy. My Manager is awesome, her name is Lindy. I messed up at first because I was so nervous. I had to count the petty cash, but I think the first time I counted a 5 twice, and then the other time missed a roll of Quarters or something. It kept coming out weird. I promised her I was not a idiot and could count. Hopefully she believes me.
I remember working at Courtyard by Marriott. The would drill you down to the penny. So I was so scared counting this thing... Afraid it would be off... and hello, that didn't help!
Well we got several customers and most all of them bought things. There are huge sales so, guess what everyone. You are probably getting something from Candle House for Christmas. hahahaha! I was driving to pick Zack up and I just had to stop for a second and just be in the moment. I was so happy and so tickled to have been somewhere I love to be... and get paid for it. How amazing is that! Now don't get me wrong, being a mother is ....uummmmm.... I am supposed to say "rewarding". Let's face it, being a mom is hard... and being a full time mom is even harder. There is no, let me call in sick and drop little johnny off at the sitter so I can be home sick in bed.... or just have a mental break. My only peace are the days that Zack is in school or Grandma has him...but now with Shelby, I am back to square one. However, Grandma did REALLY good with Miss Shelby today... so I think we will be doing this more often.

Soon our A/C will be paid off, and hopefully our credit card. The more hours I get the better. Then I can actually get a hair cut... ohhh or maybe my toes done. Better yet, some clothing that fits me now. It's either too big, or too tight. I am sure working 13-17 hours, plus caring for 2 kids under 5, sewing wraps, cleaning house, grocery shopping, and cooking will help drop even more pounds.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Too funny - being a mother...rewarding. I love it. That is how I feel too or at least I did before Kate was in preschool. Being a full-time mom is the hardest, no-pay job ever!!

Feel your pain about the clothes - been wearing the same 4 shirts all summer, which as you know is 6 months or more in this part of the world.