Wow, okay so this entry is going to be a part I. So much has happened in a few short weeks... it's hard to put into one entry. So I am going to do the two birthday parties first.
Zack's birthday was a HUGE hit. Everyone had a great time. The rain sucked and I was surprised how many people came. I figured the weather would keep people away. I love to be wrong sometimes. Like EVERY toddler, Zack got shy and kind of hid for a bit. That's just how it is with kids. You can't run up to them... or expect them to be happy to see you. Especially at birthday's. Many times it's been months, even a year since he has seen some people. However, everyone understands and thank God they don't take it personally. Zack tried the cake...picked at it and left it. He was so excited that night. I thought we would NEVER get him to bed. He kept saying, "every-yun came fo my happy birf-day per-ty! Day sing happy birf-day. Ballen (vallen) open my dinosurs for Zack and I say Tank-you Ballen. I play with pretty girls. Den I play with kayden". I could go on for hours with some of the stuff that child was saying. I think he talked for almost 2 hours straight!
That next weekend we went to Avery's birthday party. Okay, let me tell ya now... I would never go up against her mom (Corrie) in a party planning contest. She would kick my butt! Very awesome party. Attention to detail and focus on the kids. Corrie had these cute cute cute little mobils with each kids picture on a flower. It was so neat. It had to take her hours, days... weeks to do all the art and projects she had. She even had several giant cut outs. One was probably taller then Rick (I think). I wanted to be out more, but Zack ended up inside. He loves Avery's toys and we had been outside all that morning. So I wasn't fighting that battle. Corrie kept checking on us....good hostess. I kind of figured Zack would be oustide in the water but, with the potty training, he didn't want to get his underwear wet.
Wrapping up 2011
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment