HOWDY!

Welcome to my family website!
What you read here is real life.
Sometimes it's not pretty but I will try to make it entertaining.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Zack's Birthday

I know he is only going to be 3, but I love birthdays. I didn't really get parties after we moved to Houston from Omaha. My entire family was in Nebraska, and only the 4 of us were in Texas. So parties were typically low key. My first BIG party was when I turned 12. I can still tell you everything about it. I even remember the cake, the food served and everyone there (THANKS FOR COMING KEITH).

Most of the parties are for the adults till the kids are about 5 anyways. So we invited a lot of friends and family. I decided to order food again this year. I am however, baking the cake myself. Say a prayer! I am NOT a good baker. Thank goodness Ricardo IS... which means I will probably mix it, prep it and let him do the actual "baking" by default. You know, OH honey can you watch the cake I have to mop the floors... I will see if my evil plan will work.

Anyways. I was a little bumbed because Jamie and Kane can't make it. BOOOOOO, SELL OUT! Just kidding honey. She promised an old friend of ours months ago that she would go to Austin and visit. Staci, our friend since high school is preggo (big preggo) with baby number 3! So, I understand. The other bummer was having to cancel all the outside activities. We had an awesome but small enough to fit, Monster Truck moonwalk. Darn you blasted Spring weather!
So, I am really looking forward to the anniversary I became a mommy for the first time! I think I am more excited then Zack. I will never forget that sweet little face, and holding that little bundle in my arms for the first time. I though, "What the hell am I supposed to do now....Excuse me nurse, where is the manual?????" hahahahah! Sorry to ruin the sappy moment, but after the ahhhhhhhhhhhh how sweet wore off, the panic stepped in.

I once saw a button that said: I used to have a lot of theories about raising kids, now I have kids and no theories. LOVE IT! Oh and while I am on the topic of great buttons I like one that says: I love you but if Zombies are chasing us, I am tripping you! OH and one more: be the kind of women that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap she's up"

Sorry totally started going off topic... but it was fun. See you all at the party!!!!!!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Love the buttons - those are too funny! I can't believe it is time for Zack's birthday already. I mean, I know it is in March but I can hardly believe it is that time of year again already. My S-in-L Darla - her little girl will be 3 on the 23rd or 24th of this month. And our grandchild, Leah, who we have no idea where she is, will be 3 in April. Wow!

Have a great party!
Love, P.