This Christmas was... AMAZING! It was such a blessing to have both kids and all of our family together. We had a brunch at my house. I made pancakes (blueberry and buttermilk), an egg/ham casserole, and bacon. YUMMY! I didn't have the normal stress and tension I typically do. I am sure it was a mix of the drugs and the "I don't give a crap" I had going on. I really just didn't care this year to make any kind of "impression". If they saw clutter... they saw clutter. Who cares... welcome to my home...if you think it's a little messy, well then you haven't found all my hiding places yet!
I think having Shelby has helped me refocus on things. I would clean my house 3+ days before any event. I would make sure the pantry was in order... the plates and cabinets were perfect... and any where anyone may go was presentable, well expect my Master bedroom. My bedroom has always been a mess and probably will always be. No matter what we do, it seems to be a dumping ground for miscellaneous stuff. I find the most random things in there when I do clean.
Anyway. The kids got some AMAZING toys, clothing and donations to their college funds. You know they got spoiled...but isn't that what it's about. Shelby was on her best behavior and poor Zack...well he was sick as a dog.
We had made plans to stop at Awilda's so that Ivan (Rick's brother) could see Zack open some gifts. Well, Zack had no nap and hadn't eaten since the day before... so we knew something was wrong. I felt him and he was a little warm. We decided to head over to Awilda's and on the way there I noticed his face was bright red. I had to call and cancel on my best friend... THAT KILLED ME. We basically stopped at Awilda's house, got him inside, and I took him straight to bed. He slept for a little bit and then started screaming DADDY DADDY, help me!!! HELP ME! He was really hot. Grandma had some children's Motrin on hand...so we dosed him up. His cough was sooo bad I was afraid he was going to have one of his RAD attacks.
Thank GOD for Awilda. We jumped into the car and went to the Walgreen's she knew. We ran in and grabbed some Musinexx (spelling?) expectorant and decongestant. HE HATED that stuff...but I swear it's worked a small miracle.
I ended up sleeping with Zack last night. His fever was so high I didn't want him all alone like that. So I grabbed my pillow and curled up next to him... man that kid puts off some heat. Around 5 am his medication wore off so I had to re drug him... but his fever was so high I wet a towel and started cooling him off. He was WIDE awake too. JOY! I basically went to bed at 1am on Christmas eve/morning and was now caring for a sick kid on about 3 hours of sleep. So after seeing that he was okay...I rolled over and fell asleep. He kept leaning over me and asking me... MOMMYYYYY, wa cha do in??????? SLEEPING ZACHARY, try it!!!!
Well finally after about an hour he passed out... snoring! we all woke up around 9am! nice huh! Considering they normally get up at 7 or maybe 8.
I think having Shelby has helped me refocus on things. I would clean my house 3+ days before any event. I would make sure the pantry was in order... the plates and cabinets were perfect... and any where anyone may go was presentable, well expect my Master bedroom. My bedroom has always been a mess and probably will always be. No matter what we do, it seems to be a dumping ground for miscellaneous stuff. I find the most random things in there when I do clean.
Anyway. The kids got some AMAZING toys, clothing and donations to their college funds. You know they got spoiled...but isn't that what it's about. Shelby was on her best behavior and poor Zack...well he was sick as a dog.
We had made plans to stop at Awilda's so that Ivan (Rick's brother) could see Zack open some gifts. Well, Zack had no nap and hadn't eaten since the day before... so we knew something was wrong. I felt him and he was a little warm. We decided to head over to Awilda's and on the way there I noticed his face was bright red. I had to call and cancel on my best friend... THAT KILLED ME. We basically stopped at Awilda's house, got him inside, and I took him straight to bed. He slept for a little bit and then started screaming DADDY DADDY, help me!!! HELP ME! He was really hot. Grandma had some children's Motrin on hand...so we dosed him up. His cough was sooo bad I was afraid he was going to have one of his RAD attacks.
Thank GOD for Awilda. We jumped into the car and went to the Walgreen's she knew. We ran in and grabbed some Musinexx (spelling?) expectorant and decongestant. HE HATED that stuff...but I swear it's worked a small miracle.
I ended up sleeping with Zack last night. His fever was so high I didn't want him all alone like that. So I grabbed my pillow and curled up next to him... man that kid puts off some heat. Around 5 am his medication wore off so I had to re drug him... but his fever was so high I wet a towel and started cooling him off. He was WIDE awake too. JOY! I basically went to bed at 1am on Christmas eve/morning and was now caring for a sick kid on about 3 hours of sleep. So after seeing that he was okay...I rolled over and fell asleep. He kept leaning over me and asking me... MOMMYYYYY, wa cha do in??????? SLEEPING ZACHARY, try it!!!!
Well finally after about an hour he passed out... snoring! we all woke up around 9am! nice huh! Considering they normally get up at 7 or maybe 8.



1 comment:
Awww... I'm glad he's feeling better. Shelby is too cute in her Christmas outfit.
Post a Comment