HOWDY!

Welcome to my family website!
What you read here is real life.
Sometimes it's not pretty but I will try to make it entertaining.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's day

Father's day... what a day! I am amazed every day by how much Zack loves his daddy. I don't think there is anything on this planet that can compare. I am not sure if Ricardo really knows how much this child loves him. He wakes up 5-10 min earlier every single day. One day it will be 7:45, the next 7:35... by Friday it's 6:50. He does this just to catch daddy before he goes to work. Melinda and I couldn't figure out why in the world he would wake up earlier and earlier every single day. Back when Ricardo was busting his butt for us and working 12 out of 14 days, Zack would only get to see him about 45min at night. That is like the world coming to an end for him. SO, he would get up earlier to see him before work and "hang out". So NOW he still does the same thing.
Anyone who spends any amount of time with Zack will know that this child has a built in alarm clock since birth. I feel bad because friends and family will invite up places and several times we have had to decline. There is NO way to push this child past his comfort zone, his schedule. Even at his new school they don't mess with him. As a matter of fact, the kids now all lay down by 12:15 to take naps because that is the time Zack wants to sleep. GEEEE I am afraid he will be a follower... YEAH RIGHT.
The negative thing about this is simple... we are on HIS schedule every day. I work my whole day and night around him. Now any expert will tell you not to make your child feel like the center of the universe. Well, that is near impossible. See this is a need for him, not a want. For Zack, safe = schedule. You can pretty much take this child anywhere, and change his environment to an extreme but don't change when he sleeps, eats or takes a bath.

So here we sit spending our second father's day together. It so nice to see how much love there is between Zack, Ricardo and Ivan (Rick's dad). Next year Shelby will be here and things will be different. She should be almost a year old. WOW, that is scary. The pregnancy is going great. Just hurting, tired, out of breath and worn out... but show me a pregnant women who isn't.

No comments: