HOWDY!

Welcome to my family website!
What you read here is real life.
Sometimes it's not pretty but I will try to make it entertaining.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Building up to birth

Well, many of you know that the doctor was very "concerned" with how big Shelby was at my last several visits. They bigger the baby the less likely I could have her normal... Vbac. Dr. Romero and I both discussed our plans and how to best handle my delivery. We decided that IF I did not deliver by July 29th, that she could do a C-section. Also, Monday July 21st she wanted to strip (sweep) my membrane. Basically they go in with a finger and gently separate the bottom of the amibotic sack from the uterus walls. VERY painful!!!

Monday came and Rick and I went to have the Membrane strip done. I hurt bad for several hours after. I had cramps and a lot of discomfort. My contractions were getting very regular, as usual, and then finally stoped about 4am. Around 7am. Ricardo and I discussed him either driving all the way into the office, or working at the satellite office down the street. I know he hates being away from work too long so I told him to drive in.

Zack and I decided to go shopping at about 10:30 when I noticed that I had a strange feeling coming on. I checked and I had lost my mucus plug. What worried me was the amount of blood. I left anyway so that we could get out and walk to get the baby here faster.
Zack asked me as I was getting him reading to go shopping, "are we going to doctor?". "NO", I said. Then he asked me, "are we going to grandmama's?". NO, we are going shopping. I had no idea of why he was asking me these questions.

Then we got to the mall and got out. He was all excited and couldn't wait to get inside. About 2 min inside he had a HORRIBLE and I mean horrible fit. He kicked and screamed bloody murder... He threw himself around. NOTHING worked. Normally I have a few tricks but he kicked me and that was it!!!!

I grab his butt so fast and we headed out to the car. Once in the car he kick so hard his shoe fell off, the he started kicking the back window. He was acting like a wild animal trap in a snare. I have NEVER seen this in my life. When I got him home I was so pissed off that and he was still screaming and kicking. I got him into the house and put him in his room. I felt funny but I figured it was because I was so upset.
Once he got a little more calm I went into his room, sat on the floor and started rocking him in my lap to calm his breathing down.

When I rocked forward I felt a GUSH... OH, lord did I just pee on myself... Please tell me it's not my water! I rocked forward again, and a larger gush came out. OH CRAP... I think my water broke! I called the doctor's office but the nurse was busy. I called Ricardo to tell him that I thought my water had broken, and then called Awilda to warn her we were probably heading to her work to drop Zack off.

I got in touch with the doctor's office nurse and told her what I was feeling. She said, GET to the hospital NOW! I told her I had to wait for Rick, and she said call an ambulance if you can't drive but get to the hospital NOW and NO I couldn't wait. I got my waterproof sheet and put it on the seat... put Zack in his chair and he said, "we going to the doctor and grandmas?" I said,"yes baby we are". Got to grandma's work about 3 min after leaving the house. She came out and grabbed Zack. I headed straight to the hospital which took about 3 more min.
Rick pulled in behind me!!! Yes, he drove a 30 min drive with out traffic in less then 10 min. This is why I worried about telling him!

We made it into the hospital and up to the nurses station in the birthing area. I was signing that STUPID paper that asks 10 million questions when I felt a giant GUSH!!!!! I look down and there I am standing in a puddle. I told them "That's what you get for making me fill this stupid thing OUT". The charge nurse said, "OH NO she's leaking all over the floor. Get her in a room NOW". Nice and embarrassing.

No comments: