HOWDY!

Welcome to my family website!
What you read here is real life.
Sometimes it's not pretty but I will try to make it entertaining.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Today

Today started out a little rough. I am using a new tactic that we learned in MOPS. I am staying the course and trying to keep it up....but damn I have some HARD headed kids! My son is too smart to fall for some of the B.S. and he is a little emotional (not sure where he gets that from). My daughter is a strong willed child with a very large attitude. I am trying to teach her a proper way to direct her attitude. I guess that is my job....find their weakness and make it a strength. I am trying to do that with myself. We are all a work in progress. We all say and do things we are not proud of...but hey, that is life.
Zachary has already had to deal with a bully. Those who know Zack know that he is not a physical child. He is learning to be more "aggressive" thanks in major part to Uncle Luis who "boxes" him. Daddy has started being a little rougher playing since Zack doesn't offend so easy anymore. The bully at Zack's school is a little turd, but Zack handled him pretty darn well. He told the boy who what pushing him around "GET OFF ME MAN!!!!". Evidently the boy moved away pretty damn fast. The teacher told me that there was an incident but couldn't say exactly what happened. You know my son, he told me as soon as he saw me! He thought he would be in trouble. I told him I was proud of him sticking up for himself. Glory Glory, he isn't going to be a push over!!!!!!
Shelby....well she is something of the opposite. I was at the psychiatrist office and when the doctor called my name to go back to the office... Shelby dropped her chin down and looked up at the doctor like "who you talking to!". The doctor turns to me first thing and says, "OH my, I know that look...You have a strong will child and you better be ready!!". I told her that was what she was for, sedatives so I can make it through toddler years and teenager years. The doctor gave me a few suggestions on how to nip a few things in the bud, and it's working....thus far!

No comments: